Gel coat is a polyester resin specially formulated with Thixotropic Ingredients for increased viscosity and Non-sag properties. Gel coats are Versatile and Durable coatings used in the production of composites parts. Gel coats are applied as Mold coatings, the first step in composites part production. Gel coats protect the mold from abrasion and chemical attack during the remainder of the production process, and provide a releasable coating to aid in de-moulding operations.
Skyline Gel coats are designed for use in the Marine, Building and Transport Industries. It is also suitable for General Moulding requirements.
The Gel coat is usually the first layer applied to the mould and its purpose is to:
- Provide an attractive finish to the surface of the product
- Act as a barrier against absorption of water or chemicals
- Act as a barrier against UV radiation from sunlight which can degrade the part
- Provide an abrasion resistant surface
- Act as a screen against protruding surface reinforcing fibres
|S.No.||Type of Resin||Grade No.|
|1||Orthophthalate Gelcoat for General Purpose Application||SKR1401||TDS|
|2||Orthophthalate Gelcoat-Pigmented for General Purpose Application||SKR1401/P||TDS|
|3||Isophthalate Gelcoat Resin||SKR2401||TDS|
|4||Isophthalate Gelcoat Resin-Pigmented||SKR2401/P||TDS|
|5||NPG Isophthalate Gelcoat Resin||SKR7401||TDS|
|6||Flame Retardant Orthophthalate Gel Coat Resin||SKR1401F||TDS|
|7||Flame Retardant Isophthalate Gel Coat Resin||SKR2401F||TDS|